Background

Friday, March 14, 2008

Alright I give...

Okay so I'm joining the masses and starting a blog. Everyone I know, family, friends, even people at work are always talking about blogging. I've always resisted for one reason or another. But now that I'm bored and sick I'm gonna try it. I'll probably end up liking it too much though. :)

So here is my first post...why now? Well like the author of the only blog I regularly read (my sister) I've found myself sick (well in her case I believe it was a sprained ankle). It's rather a hilarious illness. Well funny in that when my husband and I get sick...we GET SICK! And always with random illnesses I have to Google to find out about. 

When we first got married I got mono, horrible tonsil-touching mono. Then a few months later Adam got Shingles! And now, with a relatively healthy year between our little epidemics, I have Bell's Palsy. If your like me your asking what the heck is that? Well doctors aren't exactly sure. Other than symptoms, they don't seem to have much other info to give. All I know is it started with cotton mouth, loss of taste, headaches and funny faces. 1 MRI and freak out later (heck you'd refuse a spinal tap too!!) they gave it a name...Bell's Palsy. A virus that attacks the facial nerve. I should be back to normal in a month or so.

If you look at me I'm totally normal thank goodness (no weird face drooping for me...I lucked out and skipped that symptom).  I guess if you stare you'll notice my left side is paralyzed, so my eye never blinks and when I smile only half my face moves. Only sucky thing really is the constant headache, ear pains, face pains, fatigue , and sensitivity to sound...I'm a dolphin I tell ya!! And yes, I realize that's more than one sucky thing. But hey I've gotten out of dishes and vacuuming for the past week. And I've always wanted to raise just one eyebrow!

Alright so now that I've given you way more info on my ailments than you ever wanted to know I'll close. But hey isn't that what blogging is kind of about? The random tangents and excessive information of our personal lives? Just wait until I start talking about my puppy. She's so cute she even knows how to throw up in the toilet! Got you wanting more now don't I? :D

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow Sara! How rare is Bells Palsey? Sorry to hear about these random illnesses your family is going thru!

Shar said...

Hi Sara! thanks for finding my blog :) Congrats on the new baby, and I hope that your bells palsey is better...is it a come and go thing?

Good luck with all things baby! They are seriously so much fun.