One of the advantages of working at a technical company, there tends to be more men than woman. With that comes the fact that while my husband complains that the men's bathroom is always occupied and somebody is having IBS, I usually have the place to myself.
HOWEVER one day while doing my thing someone came in. No biggie...I had taken the first stall, there were 5 others to choose from. So what does this person do? Choose the furthest one away? No! Choose the third stall? NO! They enter the one right next to me, leaving the other 4 down the line absolutely empty! As I boiled over with annoyance I thought about how many times this happens. Many of the once common etiquettes are dying, like opening the door, saying excuse me, etc. But seriously...it's not just courtesy it's common decency when you enter a public bathroom you go AT LEAST every other. I do not need to sit next to you. I do not intend to pass notes to you. Nor do I need to be within hearing distance. Come on people?! So with that I challenge anyone who hasn't given up on my poor little blog to test your bathroom etiquette knowledge. And for your own sake and mine, if you enter the bathroom while I am there, remember the seating arrangement is AT LEAST EVERY OTHER!
And if you fail miserably, check out The International Center for Bathroom Etiquette.
3 comments:
Agreed on all counts. I think women have it MUCH better than men, though. My husband won't use a public restroom unless the situation is very dire.
Have you seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzO1mCAVyMw ? It was a long time ago that I watched it (can't rewatch it currently, got a sleeping husband int he room) but I remember it being darn funny.
LOL - I love your passion for bathroom etiquette. You'll be happy to know that I passed the quiz even though I can't say I've had a whole lot of experience with "urinal etiquette" or that I always follow the rules :) According to the quiz, you failed too when you chose the first stall and not the middle stall when all were empty ;) What's with that answer? I don't see how the middle one is the correct choice. Anyway, funny post . . . thanks for the laugh!
I hate it when people start talking to each other through the stalls. that is just awkward.
Post a Comment