The summer started off on kind of a sad note. Some of our favorite people in the world moved. They will be our forever neighbors in our heart. I am still not sure who misses them more, me or Mushu. It took her the entire summer to stop going to their door looking for her "other" family. If given the choice I am sure she would have moved to California with them. We love you Monahan's! And then to add to the abandonment my sister moved to Utah! I see fun trips in our family's future.
But having to go more than 20 steps for friends has been good for us all. Our summer was filled with lots of play dates, park trips, and grilling (which reminds me I need to find the 4th of July pics, they must be on Adam's side or we didn't take any which would be sad). We even had a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Gomez when they came to town for Adam's youngest brother's college graduation.
Sam also discovered his love for Costco samples. Seriously, if it comes in a white paper cup Sam will eat it. I quickly learned just because he eats it at Costco does not mean he will eat it at home. The curry-spiced falafel balls in my freezer proves it!
Other summer events:
- Adam and I celebrated birthdays (we will leave the ages out thank you very much) and our 5th wedding anniversary.
- In August I saw an idea for a bubble party on
One Charming Party and decided to throw my own version of it. It was tons of fun and may just become a summer tradition.
- We also spent a week at the coast. My family was supposed to have a reunion in August, but as we all know life gets a little crazy at times so my siblings had to cancel. But we lucked out because Grandma invited Sam and I to still come. Adam and my Dad came later in the week for a long weekend. We were really lucky and just outside our place there were a group of sea lions every day and even a few whales came to visit one day (on the other side of the rocks from the sea lions thankfully). And of course Sam loved playing in the sand and swimming in the pool. He is such a crazy fearless child and kept dunking himself in the water. He is a total aqua-boy.
Summer 2011 Pictures:
1 comment:
woo for ikea products and outtings and LARGE SIGH and pretend smiley sad face "I guess you're just gonna have to move out here too"
Post a Comment